Important COVID-19 Information
At Harmony Pediatric Therapy, there is nothing more important to us than the health and safety of your child during this unprecedented time. The Department of Homeland Security and state governments have deemed occupational and speech therapy an essential component of health care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic; therefore, our center remains open to serve those in need. We are taking extensive preventative measures, guided by the CDC, to protect our patients and employees who enter our center.
We hope that by providing this information, you can make a clear decision to continue your child's plan of care with us during this time. The following protocols are now in place:
- Patient Screening: All patients are screened at the time of their appointment confirmation phone call. Upon arriving at Harmony Pediatric Therapy, our process includes taking patients' temperatures. Patients presenting any level of symptoms do not receive therapy until they are cleared.
- Staff Screening: All employees are screened daily upon arrival at the center, including temperature monitoring. Those presenting any level of symptoms are removed from the center and undergo the required 14-day self-quarantine, not returning to the center until they are cleared.
- Masking: All therapists are universally masked and we require patients in our centers to be masked as well.
- Social Distancing and Shared Space: At Harmony we have individual treatment spaces that are utilized by one therapist and one child at a time in order to maintain the recommend social distance. However, there are times when the therapists believe it is appropriate for children to share space. If this is the case, we always obtain consent from the parent prior to sharing the space and the children are required to maintain the proper social distance for the duration of their time together. All staff and patients are required to observe proper hand hygiene prior to entering and exiting the shared space.
- Telerehab: Offering Telerehab to all patients who would prefer to be treated in the safety and comfort of their home.
- Hygiene Protocols: Continuous reinforcement with staff regarding hand washing. In addition, general environmental controls are in place, including deep cleaning of centers with EPA-approved cleaners.
- Procurement Audit: Assessment of equipment and supplies to ensure centers are fully prepared to handle potential exposure to COVID-19.
- Employee Safety: Ongoing education and communication to all center employees.
That said, if you do not feel comfortable coming to a center for care during this time, we will gladly reschedule your appointment for a later date. In addition, we offer telerehab services so that you can easily connect with one of our licensed therapists through web-based technology that is HIPAA compliant. Learn more.
For patients coming to our center for care, we ask that you please limit the number of people who accompany your child to their appointments. If for any reason you or your child are not feeling well, please contact the center and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
To help prevent the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean/disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Thank you for helping us ensure the safety of our patients and employees, as well as families of both.